Sunday, February 28, 2010

:)

Hellooooo!

Well, this week was fun and stuff.
Crusader Knights was this weekend and it was awesome!
Chris did great!

So, let me just start by saying that I am incredibly blessed.
Whenever you're up late, alone, in your favorite room, I guess you just realize how awesome God is...and life.


Sometimes when I see everything God has blessed me with, I wonder "Why?"
It's a blessing in and of itself that God pays enough attention to me to know my name...
BUT...He not only knows my name....He LOVES me! And He loves me more than anyone else ever could. On top of that....He knows absolutely everything about me. What I really think, how I really feel, my true thoughts, and my motives for everything. Now that, that is awesome.

Now, God loved me enough to give His only Son to pay for MY sins...which says more than words could ever express. So, my question again is, "Why?"

So, a fact is a fact. God knows who I am. God LOVES me (ME!). And ALLLL of me. And Jesus died so that I wouldn't have to get what I deserve (death). AWESOME!
Have you ever really and truly thought about all of this? I don't know if I ever have!

Now, how can I show my gratitude?
I can use my life to glorify my Savior! I can use my life to reach out and show Christ's AMAZING love that I still learn more about every day!

My point...(besides the obvious).....
I didn't just tattoo love on my wrist for fun!
It's there because I want people to know and to see that Christ has called me to love and to reach out to others!

Here:
John 15:9-17
"(9)As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. (10)If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. (11) I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. (12) My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. (13) Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. (14) You are my friends if you do what I command. (15) I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. (16) You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. (17) This is my command: Love each other."

Omg. Wow. Now THAT is powerful. God's command: LOVE EACH OTHER.
Wait.....it isn't "judge each other" or "be as holy as possible" or "ignore weird people!"
It says "Love each other."

And:
1 Corinthians 13:8-13
"(8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. (9) For we know in part and we prophesy in part, (10) but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. (11) When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. (12) Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
(13) And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."


Wow. Again...wow. How awesome!

So.... As a disciple and friend of Christ I am called to love. Love! Love everyone!
And...who doesn't want to share the AWESOME love of Christ!

Anyways, I am saying that I am going to do my best to live in love and reach out with love just as Christ did for me! (AND YOU!) And, I know I am going to fail sometimes, but, that's the beauty of God's love and mercy....He's always there to help me back up and lead me in His path where I should be.


I have felt this message laying on my heart now for such a long time, and I just want to share with everyone how Christ is moving in my life!


If you see me sometime tomorrow, I will probably be wearing pink.
Just a heads up.



2 comments:

  1. WOW baby that was an awesome blurb! Amen and I am so proud to call you my Fiance! I love you and hope you have a great week!

    Love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful testimony of God's love. It is so exciting to see you grow in Christ and share His love. You are truly a blessing to my heart everyday. I love you.

    ReplyDelete