Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blessed



Blessed.

That is what I am.
But what does it really mean to be "blessed?"
It means:
"divinely or supremely favored; fortunate"
or
"blissfully happy or contented"

Wow.

I am blessed.
I am blessed to have the perfect love and admiration of a my wonderful Savior.
I am blessed to have an awesome family and some awesome friends.
I am blessed to be able to attend such an amazing college.

I could go on literally forever and ever.

Why me?
I come nowhere close to deserving anything at all.
The answer is completely beyond me.
But, surely it didn't just happen for no reason.

Luke 12:48
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." (NIV)

So, the best I can do is give everything I own, and everything in me to my Savior.
But, what does that even mean?
Where do I start?

Proverbs 16:20
"Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD."

I can start by completely trusting and relying on Christ and following His ways to the best of my ability.

Then what?
LOVE.
I wrote an entire blog about it before,
and I probably could again....because it is a truly sensational thing.

Ephesians 5:1-2
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Proverbs 21:21
"He who pursues righteousness and love find life, prosperity, and honor."

Mark 12:30
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

1 John 3:11
"This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another."

Luke 6:35
"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."

John 15:17
"This is my command: love each other."

1 John 3:14
"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death."

Matthew 5:44
"But I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

1 John 3:23
"And this is His command: to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as He commanded us."

Romans 13:19
"The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"



Awesome, awesome, awesome!



In summary:

Ephesians 5:15-20
"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."



So, that is about all I have for now.
I hope you enjoyed this, and I apologize for it being beyond ridiculously long.



I used to sing a song in church a lot when I was younger.
"When people look inside my life, I want to hear them say,
'She's got her Father's eyes, her Father's eyes - eyes that find the good in things,
when good is not around. Eyes that find the source of help, when help just can't be found.
Eyes full of compassion, seeing every pain. Knowing what you're going through, and feeling it the same. Just like my Father's eyes.'"


Now that I look back and truly read those words, I realize how powerful and meaningful they really are.
And - I can honestly, completely, and sincerely say, that is what I want in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Brittany Nicole, That was beautiful. I love you and am soooooo proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't even think of anything to say that would adequately describe my love for this bloggity-blog. You are an amazing person BB. Words cannot begin to express how proud I am of the woman you've become. I wanna be like you when I grow up! You are UH-MAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete