Friday, August 19, 2011

Three Months?


So, on August 14th, I had been married for officially three entire months.
Three months? That's 92 days! And even more now.

Anyways, the past couple of weeks of newlywed life have been pretty normal. Well, if you consider a broken sprinkler causing a leak and soaking over half of your bedroom carpet normal.
 
Apparently they have been adjusting the sprinkler system here at our apartment complex, and the one outside of our window suffered some failed reconstruction. Water starting shooting out of it with extreme pressure, similar to that of a miniature Niagara Falls, maybe. At some point, the sprinkler not only forced water out with extreme pressure, it forced water INTO our bedroom with extreme pressure. I tried placing towels, shirts, and a cup of some sort to try to slow down the water leak situation, but to no avail.
Okay, after the room literally smelled like a swamp with something weird rotting beside it, the
carpet padding was replaced, and the carpet was dried and fixed. Whew.


In other news, my husband is not very good at SkipBo.
We were at the lake house last weekend, and we decided to play this game
after I beat him in Battleship. Anyways, I beat him 3 or 4 times in a row and he got super mad.
I started to get up, but he demanded we continue playing.
After I beat him in 6 straight games, he decided we were done.
He then informed me that he's only good at games that require "real talent," which is why
he couldn't successfully win one of the games.
Too bad.


Anyways, that's it. Well, almost.
Today was Roxie's birthday and she is one year old now.
I love her, even though I think she might love Chris more than me.
But I am Edwin's favorite, for sure.


I'm done now, but I uploaded a video of our First Dance for everyone's entertainment.

Here you go!



1 comment:

  1. Your husband may not be able to win a Skipbo game but he can move on the dance floor! ;)

    ReplyDelete