Friday, March 2, 2012

Alright.


Okay, okay.
So, I am back and blogging.
 

I really have no idea where to start, but,
I am beginning this blog by making a firm commitment to not talk too much about my cats today. We'll see how it goes.

That being said, I have to say (just really quickly) that my cats have recently learned how to open the door to the coat closet. When you're sitting alone in the house trying to convince yourself to work on a paper and to stop using pinterest, hearing weird scratching noises while a door is opening isn't exactly ideal.
That just happened, and I'm still recovering.

Anyways, this week was busy to say the least.
I worked every single day, which qualified me for my own personal release time (with Holly) at Target, which consisted of adding 2 new cardigans and a shirt to my closet, along with a few new Springtime/Easter decorations (which I am seriously lacking).
That being said, it also entitled me to have 3 different caffeine drinks today in order to try and maintain some type of focus and composure since I've been driving myself crazy trying to get stuff done, and wasting time when I actually have time to get stuff done because I'm tired and feel like being lazy.
I usually watch my caffeine intake, but not today. Today was all about living on the edge.

So, since I have no idea how to sum this week (let alone the past few months) up into a healthy amount of reading material, I'm just going to make a list of a few of my favorite things that have happened recently.

Happy List:

1. Walking into my 7th grade science class to sub today while the kids were cheering for me because I was their teacher for the day (whether or not it's because they love me or love getting away with a significant amount of stuff they normally wouldn't get away with, I don't care).

2. Getting another free Starbucks drink.

3. Having Chick-Fil-A at least twice in the middle of the week.

4. My cat, Edwin, eating the mayflies and chasing a bee outside of our apartment (he takes care of me).

5. Lots of quality time spent with my husband, family, and friends.

6. Getting a new monopoly game that uses credit cards instead of paper money. Absolutely fascinating.

7. Having a few days full of sunny and warm weather, which means we are getting closer and closer to spring, which also means that I won't have to worry about the cold weather making me grumpy anymore.

8. Receiving multiple compliments on my hair, clothes, shoes, and even my wedding this week (working as a sub can sometimes turn out to be a fantastic ego boost).

9. Learning that Snooki is pregnant (ha. just kidding).

10. Getting to see Wicked for the 6th time in Austin as part of Valentine's from the best husband ever.

11. Learning about a potential Tim Tebow and T Swift relationship.

12. Mom taking me to see Bring it On the Musical and knowing that we are also seeing Rent this Sunday.

13. For real - Just getting to live an awesome, blessed life that I don't deserve.


Well, there you have it. 13 things that made me smile over the past few weeks.
I could probably make it to 240,846,698, but I figured everyone might start losing interest at some point.





Peace. and. Blessin's.

No comments:

Post a Comment